Conference “Best Practices in Management Education”
Conference took place on 19 October, at RISEBA Centre of Architecture and Media H2O6 as a part of 25th anniversary of RISEBA University.
RISEBA University as a project partner was organizing this Lead4Skills event.
The participants came from 12 different countries and audience was management teachers and researchers, as well as students enrolled in management and other fields of studies.
Conference programme consisted of workshops, guest speeches, discussions providing a highly diversified exchange of ideas and information:
- Introduction to Lead4Skills project (activities, developed outputs, events, results);
- Guest speech “Digital Natives: Needs and Expectations” by Agita Kalvina, Director of Latvian School of Public Administration (Latvia) and Marija Gendriksone, Talent Acquisition Lead EMEA at „Cabot Corporation” (Latvia)
- Workshop “Seeking Synergy Between HEIs and corporate world” led by Erika Vaiginiene, Researcher – Owner at Research Institute for Changes (RICh) at Vilnius University (Lithuania) and Renate Strazdina, Head of „Microsoft Latvia”
- Workshop “New Era in Management Education Methods and Approaches: Gamification” and Introduction to the “LEGO Serious Play” approach led by Daiga Ergle, Senior Vice President for Human Resources, “airBaltic Corporation” (Latvia) and Associate professor Iveta Ludviga, LSP Certified Facilitator, RISEBA University (Latvia)
- Workshop III “Management Education Needs for Agile Organizations” led by Vladimirs Ivanovs, Consultant, Trainer, Agile Coach at agiletransformer.com (Latvia) (played game “Creating Children book in 45 minutes, thanks to scrum”)
- At the end of the conference, recommendations were made for more effective education curriculum, tools and techniques
- Conference day was concluded with RISEBA Repertory Theatre Performance “Because He Can”
All the results of the conference will be summarized and included in a project Lead4Skills report.
Read more about Lead4Skills here.