RISEBA at the Education fair “School 2019”
From 1 to 3 March, representatives of RISEBA University of Applied Sciences were actively involved in Latvia’s biggest International Education fair “School 2019”, so that its visitors could get a thorough introduction in to the study possibilities at the university.
At the stand of RISEBA University of Applied Sciences, everybody could get acquainted with the study offers, explore different specialities that can be pursued, meet with current students, programme directors and faculty members, and find out all the necessary information on studying and terms of admission to RISEBA.
Youngsters took part in a game called “Business meets art”, where correctly answering questions granted a chance to win in a raffle the new album of RISEBA student Arvis Reiks, “Reiks ir visur”. During specific times on each exhibition day the musician delighted visitors by performing his most popular songs and after each concert drew 5 lucky game winners who won his CD. Young people had a chance to converse with Arvis Reiks and find out why he chose to study at RISEBA, what experience he obtained during his studies and how it helped him to develop his career.
This year the RISEBA stand underwent changes and it let its visitors “take a step higher” – instead of 1, the activities were carried out on 2 storeys. In cooperation with the RISEBA Student Council, RISEBINATIX podcast series took place on the second storey – in total, 7 educational talks with students and professionals of different fields happened on topics relevant to young people.
- Architect, dean of the RISEBA Faculty of Architecture and Design Jānis Dripe “Being an Architect” (Būt arhitektam);
- Musician, RISEBA student Arvis Reiks “How Reiks Became Ubiquitous” (Kā Reiks nonāca visur);
- Founder of Kursors.lv, expert on emerging technologies and RISEBA student Kristaps Skutelis “How to Smartly Use Smart Devices” (Kā gudri lietot viedierīces);
- Psychologist, director of the RISEBA study programme “Business Psychology” Anete Hofmane “How to Not Burn Out” (Kā neizdegt);
- Director, producer, director of the RISEBA study programme “Audiovisual Media Arts” Jānis Holšteins “The Ever-Changing Multimedia” (Vienmēr mainīgie multimediji);
- Student career specialist Undīne Perse-Vilerte “The More You Do, The More You CAN Do” (Jo vairāk dari, jo vairāk var izdarīt);
- RISEBA students Nora Paula Bargā and Luīze Reuta “To And Fro. Erasmus +” (Turp un atpakaļ. Erasmus+).
Podcast recordings can be found on the RISEBA YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/risebaweb/videos
Representatives of the RISEBA Vocational Secondary School “Victoria” also took part in the exhibition and they informed about study opportunities for those graduating from the 9th grade.
For those who missed the chance to attend “School 2019”, RISEBA invites them to visit on an Open Doors Day. The next Open Doors Day event will take place on 19 March.
See you at the next “School” exhibition!
A photo collection of the exhibition “School 2019” can be seen here.
Photos: Deja Shkuljtinas