''Professional Master programme “Health Management” corresponds to sector requirements and aims to prepare highly qualified specialists for professional management work in the healthcare sector at international level. Content of the study programme includes the necessary theoretical knowledge and is tended towards acquisition of practical skills, which would help managers in health care sector to manage business processes, finances, projects and personnel.''
Former Minister of Health, Republic of Latvia
More reviews here.
Health Management is the only programme of the kind in the Baltics. It gives an opportunity to obtain theoretical and practical knowledge in Health Management field based on European and international approach to health system management and applicable in real work. This study program is module-based, and part of the teaching staff is invited from foreign Universities. The programme is jointly implemented by Riga Stradiņš University (RSU) and Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration.
Health Management is among the best Master and MBA programmes in Eduniversal Ranking 2015!
Master in Health Management - Top 200 Best Masters in Eastern Europe Ranking - Ranked N° 63! More info here.
|Degree awarded:||Master in Health Management|
|Professional qualification:||Business Executive|
|Language of instruction:||English|
|Form of study:||Full time studies|
|International opportunities:||one semester internships abroad (ERASMUS Programme)|
Academic adviser of the programme
The program has been designed to
- to develop economic and management knowledge, which are necessary for effective management of organisations and enterprises in health care sector
- to prepare high level specialists for professional work of a manager in health sector
- to support implementation of practical development and change projects in organisations and enterprises in health sector
Advantages of the programme
- you will gain profound knowledge in economics and business administration and be able to find use of this knowledge in health industry,
- you will gain knowledge and master skills needed for successful organization/business operational and human resources management,
- you will be able to understand the challenges and possibilities of health policies leaving positive impact on health consumers and provided services
- you will develop and strengthen a leader’s „must-have” critical knowledge and skills needed for health organization and business administration, including transformation processes management and project management,
- you will master quantitative and qualitative research data collection, management and analytical skills,
- you will work with local and international development, academic and transformation projects in health enterprises and organizations.
Introductory Course: Basics of Economics (for students without economic or management knowledge, at extra cost)
Module 1: Fundamentals Public Health and Health Economics
Public Health and epidemiology
Module 2: Fundamentals of Management in HC
Business Management and Strategy in the Organisation of Health Care
Strategic Management of Human Resources
Module 3: Health system design
International Health Law
Health System Design
Module 4: Leadership and Finance in HC
Financial Management of HC institutions
Leadership and Development of Effective Management Skills
Module 5: Health system and performance Management
Health Technology assessment new
Information Management in Health Care
Performance Measurement in Health Care
Module 6: HCO Marketing and Project Management
Marketing Management in Health Care
Project Management in Health Care
Ethics in Business and Health Management
Module 7: Research projects and internship
Pharmaceutical Policy and Management
Final Module and Master Thesis
• completed application,
• a copy of your passport (the original document should be also produced),
• two duplicate photographs (3cm x 4 cm),
• a copy of your bachelor diploma and official transcript. The original document should be also produced,
• Curriculum Vitae (CV),
• a copy of your education certificates and documents proving your participation in seminars, conferences and congresses. The original documents should be also produced,
• publication copies (if there are such),
• documents registration receipt;
Valid IELTS (at least 6.0) or TOEFL (at least 550) certificate, or other internationally recognised document certifying English language knowledge. Applicant without any evidence of language knowledge must pass RISEBA English language examination.
Additional requirement: basic knowledge in Economics. Applicants with non-business previous education (2nd level prof. in the field of medicine) must take additional course in Economics.
Form of study, course duration and tuition fee
|Previous education||Mode of study||CP||Duration||Language||Fee per 2017/2018 year, EUR (for EU citizens)||Fee per 2017/2018 year, EUR (for non-EU citizens)|
|Professional & specialized higher education (finances, economics or management)||Full-time (modular)||60||1,5 years||English||3000 EUR per year||4100 EUR per year|
Academic and specialized higher education
(+2nd level prof. in the field of medicine)
|Full-time (modular)||80||2 years||English||3000 EUR per year||4100 EUR per year|
For tuition fees for the programme with the Latvian language of study, please, see programme page in Latvian.