Architects education at RISEBA approved and is compliant with the EU Directives
The group of experts evaluated the full cycle of bachelor's and professional master's programmes of architecture education at RISEBA. Obtained Master's Diploma and professional qualification at RISEBA has gained approval and is compliant with the EU Architects’ Directive 85/384/EEC and the New Qualifications Directive 2005/36/EC. The diplomas received by our graduates will be recognised and approved within the rest of EU/EEZ.
The architects' education and training at RISEBA is provided through courses of studies at university level. Studies are balanced between the theoretical and practical aspects of architectural training and shall ensure the acquisition of:
- an ability to create architectural designs that satisfy both aesthetic and technical requirements,
- an adequate knowledge of the history and theories of architecture and the related arts, technologies and human sciences,
- a knowledge of the fine arts as an influence on the quality of architectural design,
- an adequate knowledge of urban design, planning and the skills involved in the planning process,
- an understanding of the relationship between people and buildings, and between buildings and their environment, and of the need to relate buildings and the spaces between them to human needs and scale,
- an understanding of the profession of architecture and the role of the architect in society, in particular in preparing briefs and that take account of social factors,
- an understanding of the methods of investigation and preparation of the brief for a design project,
- an understanding of the structural design, constructional and engineering problems associated with building design,
- an adequate knowledge of physical problems and technologies and of the function of buildings so as to provide them with internal conditions of comfort and protection against the climate,
- the necessary design skills to meet building users’ requirements win the constraints imposed by cost factors and building regulations,
- an adequate knowledge of the industries, organisations, regulations and procedures involved in translating design concepts into buildings and integrating plans into overall planning.