BIG DATA ANALYSIS
About the programme
The objective of the academic master study programme Big Data Analysis is to provide studies that correspond to the newest technological solutions, recommendations of professional organisations and the demand from IT and ICT companies, banks, trade and public sectors for specialists in the new Big Data analysis field, as well as to prepare highly skilled and competitive specialists for the Latvian and global labour market.
Graduates of the master’s programme will:
- be able to use different data acquisition and management methods,
- know the newest technological solutions,
- be able to use methods of Big Data analysis and visualisation,
- be able to use the acquired knowledge for economic process analysis and business growth.
Benefits of the programme
- The only programme in Latvia offering to study Big Data analysis in the field of economic processes.
- RISEBA studies provide practical experience and the opportunity to learn from professionals of their respective fields.
- The subjects of the programme will prepare students for employment in several economic sectors where there is an aggregation of a large amount of data.
- Case studies, problem-solving and analytical research are all a part of the RISEBA learning process.
- The programme has been developed in collaboration with employers and market requirements of several industries.
- Field professionals contribute to the study process.
- Individual approach to each student.
- Flexible study and payment schedule.
- A wide range of discounts.
|Degree awarded:||Social sciences master’s degree in economics|
|Study language:||Latvian or English|
Full time day studies
|International opportunities:||ERASMUS programme|
Module No. 1: Economic and Business Processes 12 credits (18 ECTS)
- Introduction to Big Data Analysis: 1 credit
- EU Politics and Economy: 1 credit
- Strategic Management: 2 credits
- Business Optimisation and Decision-Making: 2 credits
- Project Management in Organisations: 2 credits
- Economic and Mathematical Modelling: 2 credits
- Business Risk Management: 2 credits
Module No. 2: Big Data Management 14 credits (21 ECTS)
- Big Data Acquisition Methods: 2 credits
- Data Management and Usage: 2 credits
- Big Data Research Methods: 2 credits
- Data Security Management: 2 credits
- Open Innovation and Protection of Intellectual Property: 2 credits
- Data Visualisation Methods: 2 credits
- Artificial Intelligence in Business: 2 credits
Module No. 3: Methods of Big Data Analysis, 16 credits (24 ECTS)
- Information System Requirement Analysis: 2 credits
- Multivariant Models of Static Analysis: 2 credits
- Blockchain Technologies: 2 credits
- Forecasting and Modelling: 2 credits
- Practical Project. Using data analysis software: 6 credits
Professional undergraduate degree in the IT field, economics, business management and other study programmes that concern mathematics,
Study form and price
|Form of study||Duration||Language||Fee per 2018/2019 year, EUR (for EU citizens)||Fee per 2018/2019 year, EUR (for non-EU citizens)|
|Full time day studies||1.5 years||Latvian||2700 EUR per year||-|
|Full time day studies||1.5 years||English||4000 EUR per year*||4250 per year|
* Citizens of Latvia and permanent residents can receive 10% discount - one study year will cost 3600 EUR for English studies.
Adress: Meža iela 3, Rīga, LV-1048
Fax: + 371 67 500 252
Phone: + 371 67 500 265
Mobile: + 371 26465351
E-mail: [email protected]