BIG DATA ANALYTICS
The objective of the academic master study programme Big Data Analytics is to provide studies that correspond to the newest technological solutions, recommendations of professional organisations and the demand from IT and ICT companies, banks, trade and public sectors for specialists in the new Big Data analysis field, as well as to prepare highly skilled and competitive specialists for the Latvian and global labour market.
Benefits of the programme
- The only programme in Latvia offering to study Big Data analytics in the field of economic processes.
- RISEBA studies provide practical experience and the opportunity to learn from professionals of their respective fields.
- The subjects of the programme will prepare students for employment in several economic sectors where there is an aggregation of a large amount of data.
- Case studies, problem-solving and analytical research are all a part of the RISEBA learning process.
- The programme has been developed in collaboration with employers and market requirements of several industries.
- Field professionals contribute to the study process.
- Individual approach to each student.
- Flexible study and payment schedule.
- A wide range of discounts.
Dr. phys., doc. Ivars Godmanis
Phone: +371 26626187; e-mail: email@example.com
|Module No. 1: Economic and Business Processes 12 credits (18 ECTS)||Module No. 2: Big Data Management 14 credits (21 ECTS)|
Introduction to Big Data Analysis: 1 credit
EU Politics and Economy: 1 credit
Strategic Management: 2 credits
Business Optimisation and Decision-Making: 2 credits
Project Management in Organisations: 2 credits
Economic and Mathematical Modelling: 2 creditsBusiness Risk Management: 2 credits
Big Data Acquisition Methods: 2 credits
Data Management and Usage: 2 credits
Big Data Research Methods: 2 credits
Data Security Management: 2 credits
Open Innovation and Protection of Intellectual Property: 2 credits
Data Visualisation Methods: 2 creditsArtificial Intelligence in Business: 2 credits
|Module No. 3: Methods of Big Data Analysis, 16 credits (24 ECTS)|
Information System Requirement Analysis: 2 credits
Multivariant Models of Static Analysis: 2 credits
Blockchain Technologies: 2 credits
Forecasting and Modelling: 2 creditsPractical Project. Using data analysis software: 6 credits
The curriculum of Study Programme
Graduates of the master’s programme will:
- be able to use different data acquisition and management methods;
- know the newest technological solutions;
- be able to use methods of Big Data analysis and visualisation;
- be able to use the acquired knowledge for economic process analysis and business growth.
RISEBA main campus: Meža str. 3, Riga, LV-1048, tel. +371 67500265, firstname.lastname@example.org