''Professional Master programme “Health Management” corresponds to sector requirements and aims to prepare highly qualified specialists for professional management work in the healthcare sector at international level. The content of the study programme includes the necessary theoretical knowledge and is tended towards the acquisition of practical skills, which would help managers in healthcare sector to manage business processes, finances, projects, and personnel.''
Former Minister of Health, Republic of Latvia
More reviews here.
Health Management is the only programme of the kind in the Baltics. It gives an opportunity to obtain theoretical and practical knowledge in Health Management field based on a European and international approach to health system management and applicable in real work. This study program is module-based, and part of the teaching staff is invited from foreign Universities. The programme is jointly implemented by Riga Stradiņš University (RSU) and Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration.
Health Management is among the best Master and MBA programmes in Eduniversal Ranking 2015!
Master in Health Management - Top 200 Best Masters in Eastern Europe Ranking - Ranked N° 63! More info here.
|Degree awarded:||Master in Health Management
|Professional qualification:||Business Executive|
|The language of instruction:||English|
|The form of study:||Full-time studies|
|International opportunities:||one semester internships abroad (ERASMUS Programme)|
|Credit points:||60 or 80|
|ECTS:||90 or 120|
The program has been designed to
- to develop economic and management knowledge, which are necessary for effective management of organizations and enterprises in the healthcare sector
- to prepare high-level specialists for professional work of a manager in the health sector
- to support the implementation of practical development and change projects in organizations and enterprises in the health sector
Advantages of the programme
Studying Health Management in English you give you opportunity to learn from the latest sources of information, listen to the international lecturers, engage in international projects, as well as to cooperate with international students on daily basis and as part of your team assignments.
- you will gain profound knowledge in economics and business administration and be able to find the use of this knowledge in the health industry,
- you will gain knowledge and master skills needed for successful organization/business operational and human resources management,
- you will be able to understand the challenges and possibilities of health policies leaving a positive impact on health consumers and provided services
- you will develop and strengthen a leader’s „must-have” critical knowledge and skills needed for health organization and business administration, including transformation processes management and project management,
- you will master quantitative and qualitative research data collection, management and analytical skills,
- you will work with local and international development, academic and transformation projects in health enterprises and organizations.
Module 1: Fundamentals of Public Health and Health Economics
Public Health and epidemiology
Health Systems Design
Health Economics I
Module 2: Fundamentals of Management in HCO
Business Management and Strategy in the Organisation of Health Care
Strategic Management of Human Resources
Module 3: Health Economics and International Health Law
International Health Law
Health Economics II
Efficiency and Quality of the Organisation I
Module 4: Leadership and Finance in HC
Financial Management of HC institutions
Leadership and Development of Effective Management Skills
Module 5: Health System Management
Health Technology Assessment
Information Management in Health Care
Efficiency and Quality of the Organisation II
Module 6: HCO Marketing and Project Management
Marketing Management in Health Care
Project Management in Health Care
Module 7: Multidisciplinary
Ethics in Business and Health Management
Pharmaceutical Policy and Management
Civil protection (optional)
Module 8: Assignments week
Assignments and final exams
Introduction to Internships
Module 9: Final Module
Module dates for academic year 2019./2020.:
Module 1: 7 -12 October 2019
Module 2: 4 - 9 November 2019
Module 3: 2 - 7 December 2019
Module 4: 13 - 18 January 2020
Module 5: 17 - 21 February 2020
Module 6: 16 - 21 March 2020
Module 7: 20 - 25 April 2020
Module 8: 18 - 23 May 2020
Module 9: 14 - 19 September 2020
Introductory Course: Basics of Economics (only for students without economic or management knowledge, delivered as distance course at extra cost)
• completed application,
• a copy of your passport (the original document should be also produced),
• two duplicate photographs (3cm x 4 cm),
• a copy of your bachelor diploma and official transcript. The original document should be also produced,
• Curriculum Vitae (CV),
• a copy of your education certificates and documents proving your participation in seminars, conferences, and congresses. The original documents should be also produced,
• publication copies (if there are such),
• documents registration receipt;
Valid IELTS (at least 6.0) or TOEFL (at least 550) certificate, or other internationally recognised document certifying English language knowledge. Applicant without any evidence of language knowledge must pass RISEBA English language examination.
Additional requirement: basic knowledge in Economics. Applicants with non-business previous education (2nd level prof. in the field of medicine) must take an additional course in Economics.
The form of study, course duration, and tuition fee
|Previous education||Mode of study||CP||Duration||Language||Fee per 2019/2020 year, EUR (for EU citizens)||Fee per 2019/2020 year, EUR (for non-EU citizens)|
|Professional & specialized higher education (finances, economics or management)||Full-time (modular)||60||1,5 years||English||3000 EUR per year||4100 EUR per year|
Academic and specialized higher education
(+2nd level prof. in the field of medicine)
|Full-time (modular)||80||2 years||English||3000 EUR per year||4100 EUR per year|
For tuition fees for the programme with the Latvian language of study, please, see the programme page in Latvian.