"RISEBA’s Master in International Finance is a truly innovative and very useful programme! It is an ideal choice for those professionals who are willing to develop their career and deepen knowledge in the area of international finance. During my years of study I have gained considerable experience in analysing portfolio management operations and financial statements, working on financial project, developing macroeconomic reports, etc. This programme is perfectly in line with the most up-to-date knowledge of international finance!"
Customer Service Officer at JSC "Citadele banka"
More reviews here.
3 Palmes Of Excellence - EXCELLENT business school with reinforcing international influence
The programme provides knowledge on finance and banking, as well as the nowadays’ changing environment of economy and business. The programme is intended to provide general knowledge on international environment by offering study courses of International Strategic Management, International Project Management, Information Technologies and Risks, Leadership, Innovation and Creativity, Cultural Negotiations, Business Meets Arts, etc. Specialised courses in Finance include on Management Accounting and Analysis, Corporate Finance, Investments, Financial Econometrics, Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning. The courses are designed to prepare the students for the CFA exam requirements.
|Degree awarded:||Professional Postgraduate Degree in International Finance (programme accreditation)|
|International opportunities:||One semester studies abroad (ERASMUS Programme);
„International Finance” students can use the double degree opportunity and study at KEDGE business School, France.
|Credit points:||60 or 80|
|ECTS||90 or 120|
- Dr.oec. Andrejs Ponomarjovs, President of the Association of Accountants of the Republic of Latvia, Partner and Chairman of the Board, General Director of „NEXIA AUDIT ADVICE” Ltd
- Dr.sc.administr. Anatolijs Prohorovs, Board Member of „Proks Capital” Ltd, Board Member of the Latvian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association
- Ilze Palmbaha, Partner in Charge of Tax/Legal Advisory and Outsourcing Service Line „Grant Thornton” Ltd
- Ilze Jaunsleine, Deputy Head of the JSC „Rietumu Banka” Personnel Department
- Jānis Rozenfelds, the Head of SEB Wealth Management
Why RISEBA? Why International Finance?
- Double degree opportunities with KEDGE Business School – an opportunity to spend one semester in France and obtain two diplomas
- An extensive range of international exchange programmes with international partner institutions
- The only higher education institution in Latvia, being a member of the Association of Accountants of the Republic of Latvia
- The only programme in Latvia that provides students with an opportunity to participate in CFA Research Challenge and meet CFA Institute Representatives to be better prepared for CFA exams
- Strong partnerships with industry professionals
- Internationally recognised academic staff members and branch professionals from all over the world
- Opportunity to attend wide range of guest lectures offered by RISEBA University
- A full international accreditation
- International study environment, cross-cultural experience
- Studies in English
- Individual approach
- Modern teaching and active learning methods
- Possibility to combine work with studies
- Placement opportunities
- A possibility to participate in international projects and conferences, produce scientific publications under the supervision of RISEBA academics
- New opportunities, extensive networks and excellent return on investment
- Graduates are employed both in the financial sector institutions and other industries in Latvia and abroad: Rietumu Banka, SEB bank, Citadele bank, PrivatBank, Deloitte, Adidas, Olainfarm, Rimi, etc.
Personal Development for Future Leadership Competences
Leadership and Change Management
International Business Environment and Sustainability
Management Systems and IT Applications or Open Innovation, Creativity and Knowledge Management (one course should be selected)
Cultural Diplomacy and Negotiations
Arts for Personal Development and Management
International Strategic Management
Financial Institutions and Their Regulation
International Financial Regulation and Taxation
International Business Law
Financial Analysis for Decision Making
Corporate Finance and Managing for Value Creation
Financial Evaluation and Strategy: Investments
Portfolio Management and Analysis
Financial Market Analysis and Wealth Planning
Scientific Work and Its Organisation
* RISEBA reserve the right to make adjustments up to 20% of the programme contents.
Detailed information on documents to be submitted, application process and consultations is available in the Apply Now section. Applicants who chose to study in English should submit a valid IELTS or TOEFL certificate or pass RISEBA English language test.
The State Education Development Agency offers scholarships to foreign students for studies, research and participation in summer schools in Latvian higher education institutions (HEIs) in the 2016/2017 academic year:
Azerbaijan, Belgium (French Community of Belgium), Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, South Korea, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan. More information here.