Quality assurance and improvement constitute as one of RISEBA’s strategic priorities. RISEBA Quality Assurance System is improved and enhanced on an annual basis accordingly to approved strategic objectives. The Quality Assurance Process of RISEBA (RISEBA QAP) is based on ENQA (European Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education) standards and guidelines for quality assurance in the European higher education area, the EFQM excellence model, and the EFMD study programme accreditation system (EPAS) criteria. The quality assurance system based on RISEBA QAP covers all the processes related to RISEBA’s performance.
The purpose of the RISEBA Quality Management System is to meet the requirements of the quality criteria of the Republic of Latvia and the European Union, to ensure the monitoring of these criteria and to implement a continuous improvement process so that the services fully meet the requirements of customers, legislators and supervisory authorities. The Quality Management System ensures the preparation of specialists for the international labour market, who are not only knowledgeable and skilled in their respective fields, but also prepared for their professional life in terms of values and attitudes.
RISEBA's Quality Policy is based on RISEBA's strategy and values. Students, faculty members, staff and external stakeholders are actively involved in quality assurance, curriculum development, study process and research. The Quality Policy is widely circulated, explained and binding on all university staff. In the course of their work, RISEBA staff members should abide by the adopted policy and meet the requirements that apply to their professional duties.
The following mechanisms are in place to implement the quality assurance system:
• Measuring and analysing student satisfaction
• Measuring and analysing staff satisfaction
• Internal quality audit (procedures and documentation)
• Assessment of faculty members and other staff members (annual evaluation, student survey results, visitation)
• Assessment and analysis of student performance
• Quality evaluation by graduates
• Analysis of feedback from employers
• Annual self-assessment of the institution
• Annual self-assessment of the study programmes and academic direction
• Evaluation and analysis of external accreditations
• Monitoring the Quality Management System
RISEBA is member of “Latvijas kvalitātes biedrības”
More information on RISEBA's quality system and audit:
Head Of Quality Assurance
„RISEBA” University of Business, Arts and Technology
Phone +371 67807961 I Mob: +371 26305313 I [email protected]
3 Meza Street, Rīga, Latvia, LV-1048, www.riseba.lv