Hackathon Urban.Tech Riga!
On October 27, in Riga, at Pullman Riga Old Town Hotel, the international hackathon Urban.Tech Riga, part of a large-scale information technology program, will take place. This is an unprecedented event in the Latvian and Baltic startup history when such a massive event comes to the city. The Riga hackathon is part of the International Tour that also includes the Czech Republic, Israel, Armenia, Belarus, and Kazakhstan. The winning teams from all six countries will compete in the Urban.Tech Moscow final in Russia for a grand prize pool of €140,000 – and a chance to realize their project on the global market.
Urban.Tech Riga will be dedicated to the development of urban technology, and each participant will be able to find a team of like-minded people, create a software product and build their own business, which will be beneficial for the city and its residents.
Suggested tracks for teams to work on include:
- Smart City (optimizing the workload and distribution of cleaning attachments for street maintenance vehicles, enabling mobile broadband access during public events)
- FinTech (solutions that will help track critical vulnerabilities and exploits, creating budgeting process visualization tools)
- Artificial Intelligence (designing an app capable of searching for and recognizing apparel items on photos and an app that can identify and segment innovative products)
- Management System (digital urban space modeling, an integrated approach to the detection of cross-product cyber threats)
- Marketplaces (architectural solutions for cloud marketplace platforms, solutions for tracking public transportation vehicles in real time)
The hackathon will be interesting to startup enthusiasts, IT professionals, designers, marketers, analysts, project and product managers as well as those who already run their own business. Urban.Tech Riga will not only allow participants to participate in the development of innovative solutions for the city or business but will also expand their chances of finding a job in a dream company, implementing a project in Riga and abroad, becoming leaders in the transformation of the capital.
The top three Urban.Tech Riga teams will receive a fully paid trip to Moscow to participate in the Urban.Tech Moscow finals, and together with the winners of the International Tour, will compete for a grand prize pool of €140,000. Urban.Tech Riga winning teams will also visit major corporates and municipal platforms in Moscow, get acquainted with the city's work with startups, and learn about the opportunities the city has for business development.
Hackathon participation is free: participants of Urban.Tech Riga will enjoy not only the world-class startup event, valuable feedback from experts and mentors, but also the luxurious hospitality of the 5-star Pullman Riga Old Town as well as the coffee breaks from the exclusive restaurant EQUUS. To participate, registration is required here
Urban.Tech Riga is part of a large-scale international program for young IT professionals. The program includes hackathons, competitions and accelerators to create new digital services and products. The Riga hackathon is organized as part of the Urban.Tech Moscow International Tour.
Organizers of Urban.Tech Riga in Latvia are event agency Royal Events by Nataly Tumsevica and society Startup Nest.