Corporate Finance and Managing for Value Creation
Andrejs Cirjevskis, Prof; Dr.oec
Doctor of Economic Science - Riga Technical University; degree of Candidate of Economic Science of Russian Federation
Master in International Management, Degree of Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Paris (HEC/ESCP)
Diploma of Economist With Knowledge of Foreign Languages (English, French) of Russian Academy for Foreign Trade
Diploma of Engineer-Economist of Moscow Institute of Food Staff Industry
Training for Teaching Staff in Aston Business School, Birmingham, UK (2008)
Salford University, Manchester, UK (2007)
Bled School of Management, Slovenia (2003, 2004, 2005 and 2010)
Strategic Management, Project Management, Finance
Full Professor of RISEBA, business consultant and trainer.
He has consulted public and private sector of organizations and he led more then 10 years executive finance functions within Latvian and International companies. He is now Board Member of SIA Sinergija, Management Consultants.
Andrej’s expertise lies in corporate strategy development and implementation, corporate financial management, business valuation and project management. He worked as a trainer of Strategic Management Training of Latvian Business School, ANS Training Centre, Rigas Menedžeru Skola, as a trainer of Financial Management Training of GrossBuh Invest and Latvikon (AFW, PMI). He is now a trainer of Project Management program of AFW Academy of Bad Harzbug, Germany, he posses Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate in good standing and he is a trainer of PMP Prep course of PMI, USA.
He started his teaching career as a lector of Strategic Management program of RISEBA in 1994.
His international teaching experience spans lecturing in Ecole Superieur du Commerce Exterieur (ESCE) Paris; Ecole de management, Lyon (ESDES); Normandy School of Management Kaen, France; University of Applied Science in Mainz, Germany; Estonian Business School, MBA programme in Tallinn and INHOLLAND University, Rotterdam. He lectures Strategic Management; Managing for Financial Value Creation; Finance and Financial Management disciplines in RISEBA on MBA program of Salford Business School (UK) since 2004.
Aim of the course - to develop knowledge and understanding of corporate finance for analyzing the benefits of various sources of finance and capital investment opportunities tor make investment and financing decisions with the aim of maximizing long-term shareholder wealth.
Syllabus outline (themes, teaching and learning methods: seminars, practical assignments and other):
1. Introduction to Corporate Finance. Axioms of Corporate finance.
2. Cost of Capital.
3. Managing for Value Creation: Economic Value Added (EVA); Shareholders Value Added (SVA); Market Value Added (MVA); Total Shareholders Return.
4. Operating and Financial Leverage. Capital Structure Policy.
5. Structuring the Transaction, Corporate Restructuring and Divestiture, Mergers and Acquisitions: Valuation.
On successful completion of the course, student will be able to (knowledge, skills and competences):
- Excellent ability to view financial problems from a financial managers’ perspective; excellent ability to develop sound and comprehensive approaches to financial management problems.
- Excellent ability to predict the consequences of decisions relating to the management of financial, resources.
- Excellent use various financial measurement techniques.
- Excellent ability to access potential investment decisions and strategies.
- Excellent explain and critique a range of theories and concepts depicting financial management.
- Demonstrate maturity in critically review the financial strategy of individual organisations and sectors using case material network partners, and collaborative web based resources.
- Using case material, excellent review and analyse the financial management implications of a range of business situations.
- Excellent evaluate appropriate sources of finance for particular situations, their risks and cost. Excellent access potential investment decisions and strategies.
- A very good grasp in preparation the financial forecasts and use them to valuation of business.
- Demonstrate very good ability to work with others in analysing typical financial issues and problems.
- Excellent ability to present and defend their interpretation of business situations form financial management outlook.
- Excellent ability to communicate the results of team decisions.
- Excellent use team performance as a basis for personal learning.
- Demonstrate originality in addressing financial management problems.
- Has a very good grasp of recent research findings and evaluate areas of investment and valuation techniques in order to develop coherent financial strategies for specific businesses.
The studies are held at the main building of RISEBA – 3 Meža Street.
Head of RISEBA Career Development Centre
Phone.: +371 67617698
Mob.phone: +371 25620068
E - mail: email@example.com
Address: Meza street 3, room 311
RISEBA main building
3 Meža Street, Riga
You can reach the main building by trolleybus No 9, bus No 3 and 30 getting off at “Kalnciema iela” stop, as well as by tram No 4 or 5 getting off at “Nometņu iela” stop.